Charter Local Edition: AUSD Superintendent Talks Social Media
Right At School Informational Meeting
The Right At School Community Informational Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. at the Holly Avenue Elementary School Auditorium. Right At School is the new before and after-school program that we will be transitioning to in January 2017. Read more here.
SEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS
- The completed application (link at at the bottom of this post) is DUE by 11:59 PM on NOVEMBER 1, 2016. Absolutely NO late applications will be accepted nor considered
- A formal teacher recommendation is required as part of your application process. You will need to have one teacher fill-out and submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (link at the bottom of this post) by November 1, 2016. You MUST give the teacher enough time to fill-out the recommendation form.
- WEB Leaders are selected by a committee of First Avenue staff and teachers. The criteria for being chosen include this application, grades (letter grades, citizenship, and work-habits), teacher recommendations (both formal and informal), and an interview.
- If you are considered to move on to the next stage of the selection process, you will be contacted with a scheduled interview with the WEB Director and Co-Directors during the week of NOVEMBER 14, 2016. The interview will most likely take place on Tuesday, the 15th of November, starting at 2:30 PM. Interviewees will be notified of the exact date and time by e-mail ahead of time.
- If you are selected as a WEB Leader, you will be required to attend some activities and trainings during the summer. Make sure you are available before committing to becoming a WEB Leader. Potential WEB Leaders who CANNOT COMMIT TO ATTENDING the orientations will automatically be dropped from the WEB program.
- WEB Leaders NEED to be available from August 14, 2017 to August 15, 2017. These are MANDATORY dates! These dates still need to be verified by AUSD upon the approval of the school calendar for 2017–2018.
- Please note that ALL communication from this point forward will be through your AUSD Student E-Mail account. You need to make sure you are checking your student e-mail often for correspondences from the WEB Directors.