Be Informed, Be Active, Be a Part of the First Avenue Family. Be PTSA.
First Avenue PTSA plans and supports special events and programs at First Avenue Middle School in Arcadia CA.
Our PTSA meets 4 times during the school year on the 1st Wednesday of the month @ 7:00 PM in October, December, March and May in the FA Library.
PTSA meetings are a great place to meet and connect with other parents and to support ongoing PTSA initiatives and priorities that benefit First Avenue.
Stay connected on Facebook for important updates and a list of upcoming events:
Families, teachers, and staff are the backbone of our strong and supportive community at First Avenue. First Avenue PTSA’s theme this year is “Be Informed, Be Active, Be a Part of the First Avenue Family. Be PTSA.” This is a fitting theme as we continue to grow our First Avenue community! The more you engage with our school community, the more rewarding your experience at First Avenue will be. Three years will go by fast and we hope that when you look back to your time at First Avenue, you will see three years of being in a supportive and fun community of families, teachers, staff and students. We encourage you to look for opportunities to volunteer and share your experience and talents as well as attend our PTSA sponsored events. Small or big time commitment – there is a place for you with FA PTSA!
Enclosed, you will find information for the following:
- PTSA Meetings: A great way to being a part of the FA Community is to join us at our PTSA meetings throughout the year. Our PTSA will meet 4 times during the school year on the 1st Wednesday of the month @ 7:00 PM in October, December, March and May in the FA Library. PTSA meetings are a great place to meet and connect with other parents and to support ongoing PTSA initiatives and priorities that benefit First Avenue.
- Join PTSA!: FA PTSA welcomes the participation of all parents, grandparents, and guardians – all of the wonderful folks who care for and about First Avenue students. To support the school and become a voting member of the PTSA, we ask that families consider joining our PTSA by paying dues of just $7.00 per person. If you join PTSA during Spartan Days, you will be entered into a raffle drawing for Disneyland tickets and other great prizes!
- Annual Direct Donation Campaign/ “180 Club”: Our Annual Direct Donation Drive is also a way for you to support First Avenue. This year we have added the 180 Club to our Annual Direct Donation Drive. The “180” represents a $1 contribution for each school day in the academic year – a total donation of $180 that goes directly to First Avenue to help fund various activities and programs, for our students, that our PTSA supports during the year. As a special thank you, those who join the 180 Club will be put in a raffle to have a chance to win a free parking spot for FA’s Back to School night or Open House and other great prizes! If you are unable to join the 180 Club, we are asking for a donation of $50 per family, but are truly grateful for any amount given to the Direct Donation campaign.
- Volunteering: Please fill out the enclosed Volunteer Form and lend your hand in the many events that FA PTSA organizes throughout the year! We look forward to working with you!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us or the other PTSA officers with any questions, suggestions or to volunteer in any way that you can! Have a great school year, and we hope to see you at our next FA PTSA event!
2017-2018 First Avenue PTSA President
Direct Donation Fundraiser
- Coffee and Dessert with the Principal
- Red Ribbon Week
- Reflections Art
- Book Fairs
- Associated Student Body (ASB) & Where Everyone Belongs (WEB)
- Eighth Grade Promotion
- Special Speaker Series for Parents
- School Dances
- Teacher Appreciation/Events/Hospitality
- Honorary Service Awards
- Student Engagement
- Teacher Grants
What you may not know is that PTSA not only plans and coordinates these great events and programs, but also funds them. Without available funds, these events and programs cannot occur. We need your help to keep these great activities at First Avenue!
Join the 183 Club! Donate $183.00 which equals to just $1.00 for every school day of the year and you will be entered into a drawing for a Parking Spot at Back to School Night!
Or, We’re asking for a one-time minimum donation of $40 per family
Your generous gift qualifies as a charitable contribution! In return, you and your children will receive an enriched school year filled with entertaining and educational events. Your donation also supplements school library operations, reimburses teachers for classroom supplies, and contributes toward a Gift to School at the end of the school year.
Most importantly, every dollar given through Direct Donation stays at First Avenue!
First Avenue PTSA
“Be Informed, Be Active, Be a Part of the First Avenue Family. Be PTSA.”
Forms and Flyers
PTSA Mtg & Dessert with the Principal
Wednesday, 9/7/16 @ 6:30 pm in the auditorium!
We hope to see you there!